About This Course
In just 1 day you can learn various phlebotomy protocols and will be able to properly draw blood from your patients for harvesting PRP (Platelet Rich Plasma), CGF (Concentrated Growth Factors) and PRF (Platelet Rich Fibrin). During this course, you will be shown how to draw blood, known as a “stick.” You will practice your sticking skills in the classroom on faculty, staff and fellow students so you are prepared and confident before you begin your phlebotomy. The phlebotomist program combines classroom instruction with hands-on training to help you develop the highly technical skill of intravenous blood withdrawal. Coursework may include :
- Regulations governing phlebotomy for dentists (Dos and Don’ts to protect yourself)
- Medical terminology
- Anatomy and physiology
- Diseases of the human body
- Insurance policies and consent forms
- Demonstrate the proper procedure for venipuncture according to the standards as set forth.
- Identify the acceptable veins for venipuncture;
- Locate structures in the antecubital area that, if pierced, can cause injury to the patient;
- Identify practices that protect against accidental needlesticks;
- Avoid errors in collection that can alter results.
- Manage complications and be comfortable with hard sticks & difficult to draw cases.